Using our Epson Perfection V850 flatbed scanner, we carefully scan each photo by hand, ensuring the highest-quality.
For most applications such as viewing or printing standard size photos and sharing online or by email, 600dpi is the best resolution.
However, with our advanced scanner we can also offer high resolution scans, so you can make print enlargements or crop the images to fine detail.
Flatbed Scanning is for..
- Photos required to be scanned in a specific order or double sided
- Photos too small to be detected by the automatic scanner
- Fragile photos/old photos
- Photos with any adhesive on the back – no matter how small – this clogs our automatic multi scanner
- Photos in frames
- Photos stuck on cardboard, pages or in albums
- High resolution scanning to enhance photo quality
Two Sided Scanning: Some of your photographs may have handwriting on the back that you also want scanned. Please group these together and identify them as ‘scan both sides’. The second side will count as an additional scan.
We can scan most types of photos, including black and white, colour and sepia toned, new and old, from passport size up to 8 x 10 inches or A4 equivalent.
We save each file as a JPEG (or JPG), which is the industry standard format used for digital images and is the format used by most digital cameras.